IMPORTANCE OF SOFTWARE IN MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
“Software is great combination between artistry and engineering” this line by Bill Gates means a lot. Some people think that any factory is entirely mechanical with electrical connections, equipment or robots. Basically any industry is in continuous development to optimise the cost, time and for these things they take huge efforts. To achieve the best results in optimisation every industrialist has to adapt with technology.
Technology is the most important tool in manufacturing sector which will help to streamline the operations, handling the process changes very quickly. Due to technological advancement the business becomes more competitive.
Industry 4.0 the term introduced by Germany introduces digital transformation in the industry. The survey says that USA in more software oriented than other country and the result is in front of us. The use of software in industry will give best of benefits. Some are listed below
- Data centralisation will able to take better decision when management will get all the data at one place.
- Management can monitor unnecessary cost, scrap, turnover at single point
- Integration of data like sales, purchase, finance will help to streamline the decision making process.
- Use of software will allow controlling process related to production, quality or logistics.
- Manufacturing software can improve productivity by reducing unplanned downtime, measuring overall efficiency of equipment, monitoring production activity at multiple locations or reducing waste.
Use of custom software will have additional benefits like:
- By custom development we can do exactly what and how we want
- Custom software seems costly but thinks for long run, these do not require continuous changes as it is developed as per our requirement.
- The most important factor of custom software in data security.
The use of software in industry will improve performance by scaling process, customer engagement, continuous monitoring, and automation in follow up etc.
In conclusion, the future of manufacturing industry depends on how it embraces software solution and technology.